What a fun idea! Thanks, MJ for having me here today, sharing the contents of my purse.
This is my current purse— a basic, brown tote from RW & Co.
I tend to switch my purse every 3 or 4 months, depending on my mood, outfit, whether I’m travelling, etc. I favor tote bags because they carry lots of stuff!
I’m pretty good at reducing clutter on a regular basis, shredding receipts, throwing away wrappers, etc. I keep the essentials, things I need.
- silk scarf (essential for travel and windy days)
- flashlight (you never know when you might need it)
- Dentyne gum
- Clinique lip gloss and YSL lipstick
- L’Occitane hand cream
- FlowerBomb perfume
- Hair elastic
- African bracelet (from my trip)
- OPI nail polish for touch-ups
- Phone and I-Pad chargers (always handy)
- pens (always two in case one runs out)
- postcards for my design business (my author business cards have been used and more are coming but they’re great for handing out)
- a copy of my first book with a matching tote bag (there’s always an opportunity for marketing)
- change purse
- magnetized wallet
- my favorite Eiffel tower keychain which keeps falling off
Things often found in my bag but not today:
- granola bars
- water bottle
- I-Phone (used to take the picture)
My newest release, A Time For Love In Paris is now available!
In 1975, Elise Sutherland, a young woman from Scotland, travels to Paris, France, to study art at the illustrious Fine Arts School of Paris. Stumbling upon a mysterious old book in the infamous Shakespeare & Company bookstore, her world opens up an undiscovered realm. Elise finds herself in late nineteenth century Paris, becoming the muse of master painter and sculptor, Michel Flaubert. Together, they share their passion for art, architecture and each other.
But their love is threatened by people, time and events in history. Will they find their happily ever after?
Born in beautiful British Columbia, Kim developed a passion for writing at an early age. Her interest in people led her all over the globe, including a two year stay in Japan and a humanitarian trip to Rwanda.
She loves to write contemporary romance stories that feature strong women who deal with compelling issues. Kim enjoys adding unexpected twists, usually involving a dangerous and dramatic backdrop. Her first novel, Hands Full of Ashes, was inspired by her trip to Africa. Her second full-length novel, A Time for Love in Paris, was inspired, naturally, by her trip to Paris. Kim also wrote a short, contemporary romance story for the anthology, Sizzle In The Snow: A Soul Mate Christmas Collection, which became a top seller on Amazon Canada.
She currently resides in the sunny Okanagan of British Columbia with her husband and two children. When not writing, she can be found on the local ski hills in winter, or racing in dragon boats in the summer.
You can get in touch with Kim by visiting her website http://www.kimhotzon.com/ or follow her at: